Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer Breakfasts June 2009

New Testimonial: "...I've accomplished more than I thought I would."


" Kelly makes it easy and exciting to change your diet with realistic goals, small steps, and delicious recipes. She is a great listener and she caters her vast knowledge of healthy eating to fit your own specific individual needs. I did not think I would be able to improve my diet and enjoy doing it as much as I have working with Kelly. She taught me how to cook new healthy foods while making the process simple and surprisingly delicious! I've accomplished more than I thought I would and I owe it all to Kelly's Lifeshine program."

David W, Artist



Inspiration: Laughter Brings People Together


This YouTube video was sent to me from a women who attended one of my Laughter Yoga classes. Watch for a smile, a laugh, and a new idea when riding the subway. Thanks for spreading the joy, Lorelie!

Bodhisattva in Metro



Recipes of the Month: Summer Breakfasts

June is a funny month. Here on the Northeastern Coast, June can bring us everything from cheerful sunny, to sticky sweltering, to chilly gray days. Here are a few breakfast ideas to work with the weather.



Overnight Muesli


1/2 c rolled oats (not instant)
1 c almond or rice milk
1/2 c chopped dates
1/4 c sunflower seeds
dash of cinnamon

Soak all ingredients together covered in the fridge overnight . In the morning add your choice of chopped berries or fruit.


Light Veggie Soup

1/2 med. onion
3 carrots
1/2 sm. head kale
1 in. piece kombu
4 c water or veggie broth

Chop veggies add to broth. Rinse and add kombu. Boil all until carrots are softened, about 20 min. Remove kombu, mince and add back into soup.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the overnight muesli. For me I just do oat, soy or almond milk, and a handful of raisins. Slivered almonds would be nice too.

LifeShine said...

Thanks for sharing, Melanie. I also make an easier version that skips the dates, cutting back on sugar and calories. My favorite fruit topping is fresh blueberries. They add antioxidants and do not require chopping.